Citibank and 2FA (two factor authentication) downloads

Options
tired techie
tired techie Member ✭✭
Gee, wouldn't it be great if Quicken would fix the Citibank 2FA download issue. This has been going on for months. And, while Quicken claims they are working on it (for months), no progress or real status is ever forthcoming. BTW, it did work for a while several months ago, and then just stopped working.

Why work on new features when your most basic functionality remains broken?
Who does the prioritization at Quicken? And do they care about what really matters to the installed base?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gee, wouldn't it be great if Quicken would fix the Citibank 2FA download issue. This has been going on for months. And, while Quicken claims they are working on it (for months), no progress or real status is ever forthcoming. BTW, it did work for a while several months ago, and then just stopped working.

Why work on new features when your most basic functionality remains broken?
    Who does the prioritization at Quicken? And do they care about what really matters to the installed base?
    Hello @tired techie,    

I do apologize about these issues with online banking services. Thanks for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

In order to provide better assistance, I want to be clear on the exact symptoms you are noticing within the Quicken software. Have you noticed any error messages when attempting to link, add, or update accounts? If so, what kinds? Are you experiencing a sign-in loop with MFA requests?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • tired techie
    tired techie Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jared,

With MFA turned on at Citibank, when Quicken goes through the Update process (either the One Step Update or Update Now), Quicken appears to connect to Citibank, Download Transactions, and complete the process including updating the date of the Last Download on the relevant accounts.

However, Quicken does not actually download any new transactions to either the checking or credit card registers for the Citibank accounts.

No error messages are displayed.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @tired techie,

Thank you for responding and providing more information.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the CitiBank account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• tired techie
    tired techie Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine,

I did as you asked. Quicken gets error CC-592 - "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Citibank".

This is consistent with the dozens of complaints on the Quicken Community posts regarding Citibank and MFA. (See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913962/new-5-24-22-citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-592-fdp-192/p1?new=1)

All we want to know is how Quicken can have this error persisting for MONTHS with no progress and no meaningful status updates?

Feel free to respond if you have something to add to the conversation.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine,

I did as you asked. Quicken gets error CC-592 - "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Citibank".

This is consistent with the dozens of complaints on the Quicken Community posts regarding Citibank and MFA. (See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913962/new-5-24-22-citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-592-fdp-192/p1?new=1)

All we want to know is how Quicken can have this error persisting for MONTHS with no progress and no meaningful status updates?

Feel free to respond if you have something to add to the conversation.
    Hello @tired techie,        

I am sorry to hear about this CC-592 error message. Thank you for updating us about this issue. 

Unfortunately, all of the details we would be able to provide would be available in the thread you had linked. We cannot provide an ETA regarding a resolution for this issue, but we will make any updates available in that thread.

Feel free to reach out again anytime. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • cdv5574
    cdv5574 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This error is still pending for over 3 months and Quicken can not resolve it.
  • trailrider34
    trailrider34 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I have the same error [Removed - Rant/Off Topic]
This discussion has been closed.