PennyMac Download Issue

Options
MSStateDawg
MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
Before I go down the rabbit hole troubleshooting, is anyone else seeing issues downloading transactions from PennyMac in the last couple of days?

Searched and not seeing any recent, relevant discussions posted.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with account downloads. Thank you for drawing the attention of the Quicken Community to this problem. 

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding PennyMac and connectivity errors like the ones that are being described. You can follow the thread linked here for any additional information or future updates.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having issues since update to 6.8.2
  • Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    Options
    *6.8.2 for MAC
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx)  are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop/laptop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had a lengthy session with Andrea at Quicken Support yesterday. We confirmed it to be a problem with either PennyMac or Quicken config and/or infrastructure. She took me through numerous troubleshooting steps to no avail. Eventually, we created a new Quicken file and could not add a PennyMac account to it.

She escalated the ticket.
  • WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Oh my god i'm so glad to see this post.

I called PennyMac and they were less than NO Help at all. I kept asking Quicken if this was a known issue and they kept saying no one else had reported it.

They need to fix this [Removed-Profanity].
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh my god i'm so glad to see this post.

I called PennyMac and they were less than NO Help at all. I kept asking Quicken if this was a known issue and they kept saying no one else had reported it.

They need to fix this [Removed-Profanity].
    "No one else reported it." That's nice. Need to call back and ask for Andrea.
  • WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Cris Williams" said:
    > "No one else reported it." That's nice. Need to call back and ask for Andrea.

Well now that I know it's an issue for more than just me, hopefully that means it's being worked on!
  • brianemacy
    brianemacy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here...
  • WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I called this morning... was told they are aware of the issue and to give them 24-48 hours?

[Removed - Rant]
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I called this morning... was told they are aware of the issue and to give them 24-48 hours?

[Removed - Rant]
    I reported the issue to Andrea in Support on July 15. Tomorrow will be a week. Perhaps they've been grinding on it and are close to having a fix. As inconvenient as this is to us, it's important to remember they're being pelted from numerous directions bundled with the fact that they have to coordinate testing of changes with PennyMac...an organization which is incredibly inefficient, slow, and technically immature. Additionally, my PennyMac account has ONE transaction per month...my mortgage payment. If it were my most active credit card or checking account then I might be a bit more sideways about it, but that one transaction is easily reconciled/confirmed by seeing my payment clear in my checking account.

If they don't have a fix within 10 business days then I'll call back to check for a status on my incident.

[Removed - Off Topic]
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

[Removed - Rant]
    Just received this email from the Quicken folk...

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just my 2cents' worth …
    I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment. 
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up like credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Dude, this was a product feature that worked like a week ago. [Removed - Speculation/Disruptive]
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with account downloads. Thank you for drawing the attention of the Quicken Community to this problem. 

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding PennyMac and connectivity errors like the ones that are being described. You can follow the thread linked here for any additional information or future updates.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hey all,

I tried adding the PennyMac account and it worked today. Anyone else give it a try?
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey all,

I tried adding the PennyMac account and it worked today. Anyone else give it a try? Also thanks to the Quicken support team for letting us know it was fixed... oh wait.

War Eagle
    Yes, it appears to be working now.
  • brianemacy
    brianemacy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Worked for me too. Finally...
  • Chelle1972
    Chelle1972 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble connecting my PennyMac account. Quicken lets me sign in, then I get the 6-digit code to confirm, Quicken does the green bar thingy, and when it gets to the Add Account screen, there are no accounts to add or connect. There are no error messages, though. Is it still working? Anyone else seeing this?
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm having trouble connecting my PennyMac account. Quicken lets me sign in, then I get the 6-digit code to confirm, Quicken does the green bar thingy, and when it gets to the Add Account screen, there are no accounts to add or connect. There are no error messages, though. Is it still working? Anyone else seeing this?
    You've posted this in an unrelated thread. I would suggest starting a new conversation with this topic.
This discussion has been closed.