Direct deposit of my invoices

jcm48
jcm48 Member ✭✭
I'm a freelance writer using Quicken H&B, and email monthly invoices to my clients. Can Quicken automatically credit a direct deposit payment of an invoice to a specific client, or do I need to enter the payment manually? I've never used Quicken for accounts payable/receivable before, so I'm feeling a little lost.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jcm48 said:
    I'm a freelance writer using Quicken H&B, and email monthly invoices to my clients. Can Quicken automatically credit a direct deposit payment of an invoice to a specific client, or do I need to enter the payment manually? I've never used Quicken for accounts payable/receivable before, so I'm feeling a little lost.
    Hello @jcm48

I am sorry for any confusion you may have experienced. Thanks for asking about the emailing invoices feature here on the Quicken Community. 

The Support Article linked here should provide the steps regarding the process of emailing an invoice to a customer that you are interested in. Be sure to save a backup frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I hope that is helpful, and please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    jcm48 said:
    No, not automatically.   You'll have to tell Quicken which customer invoice account and which invoice you wish to apply this downloaded payment.   Have a look at this help section:  https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216943

Also,  for reference there is a ton of good HBR information here:  https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Business

This discussion has been closed.