How do I prevent amounts from auto populating?

Options
I never have the same amount twice yet every time I create a deposit the amount auto populates from the last time that person made a deposit.

This makes it hard to split deposits among categories as I have to enter the amounts, then manually sum them, then adjust the deposit amount.

It would be much better if it would take the total deposit from the sum of my categories

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @cummingsjp - There is a way to easily make the transaction total to be the sum of the splits.  Just use the "Adjust" button to the left of Transaction Total.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @cummingsjp - There is a way to easily make the transaction total to be the sum of the splits.  Just use the "Adjust" button to the left of Transaction Total.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell me more about that deposit transaction, please. Are you depositing 2 or more checks you received from customers or tenants in one summary deposit? There are workarounds to make recording the individual check you received easier, to categorize it to an unpaid invoice or rent due.
    Once I know a little more about your situation, I can give you a more specific answer.
This discussion has been closed.