OL-294-A TD Bank connection error July 15

Options
RobinK76
RobinK76 Member ✭✭
IS anyone else having trouble connecting to TD Bank today?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @RobinK76

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with TD Bank. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-294-A error message. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup (just in case). 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Frank6308
    Frank6308 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Since the last upgrade for Quicken for Windows, TD Bank accounts do not update any longer, All other banks are working fine. [Removed-Speculation].
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @RobinK76 and @Frank6308,

We do now have an Active Alert regarding online banking issues with TD Bank. You may follow this link to access the alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this causes. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• RobinK76
    RobinK76 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Quicken - I just tried to connect and it is working for now. Hopefully this is all fixed.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @RobinK76,

Thank you for coming back to update us! 

I am happy to hear that your issue has been resolved!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• CJP2@aol.com
    CJP2@aol.com Member
    Options
    I have had problems with TD Bank for a long time. It is VERY frustrating. Any bill pay I enter via TD comes through, but no other transactions come through. I have to Export them from the TF website which is a real pain in the neck and defeats the purpose of Direct Connect. Please put pressure on TD to get this sorted or they WILL lose me as a customer. I have tried all your fixes and been a Quicken user since 1989!!!
  • RobinK76
    RobinK76 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well that fix was short lived it is not working again today.
  • Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having a similar issue with TD Bank. I'm configured with Direct Connect (TD Bank Online Banking - New). When using OSU with all my accounts, the TD Bank account does not report back a status, nothing, no error codes, nothing. Payments are not being sent. Transactions are not being downloaded.

When it was working, the Update Summary, over the past couple of weeks, has not included a summary of any activity relative to that account, even though transactions have been downloaded.
  • mikgra
    mikgra Member
    Options
    I'm still getting an OL-294-A error as of now. I have been unable to download my TD Bank transactions yesterday or today. Please advise how to proceed. Thank you.
  • contactryanwalsh
    contactryanwalsh Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also continuing to not be able to connect to TD as of 7/17 AM EST. All other banks work fine. I can log into TD with the same credentials, so that is not the issue. Following and awaiting a solution.
  • kas
    kas Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue for the last 2 days
  • mikgra
    mikgra Member
    Options
    I deactivated and reactivated my three TD accounts this morning and was able to download my transactions. Had to clean up some duplicates.
  • Steve Lang
    Steve Lang Member ✭✭
    Options
    For the last several days I have been unable to download my transactions from TD Bank. I receive the error message OL294-A.

Is anyone else having the same problem?
  • Bill37
    Bill37 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I don’t know how that person says it’s working because I keep getting a message oops we can’t connect now try again later. Started Thursday
  • JoelYes
    JoelYes Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also seeing the OL-294-a and occasionally the OL-297-a error since July 15th when attempting to update my TD Bank accounts on Quicken Deluxe R42.8 on Windows.

This all started just after a Quicken update. All other accounts are updating properly.

Note also that I also use Quicken for MacBook to keep duplicate copies and the TD Bank updates on Quicken for Mac ARE still working properly.

We have all run into this numerous times as Quicken updates are pushed out. Please do not follow the link to the post https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-293-or-ol-294 showing how to fix the problem since those steps have been tried by myself and many others.

There is obviously a problem in this recent update of Quicken.
  • dolomoid
    dolomoid Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been getting the same error for TD Bank for the last few days. The links provided by support are for generic download trouble shooting - totally useless in this situation. Quicken needs to fix their problem with TD Bank.
  • BenVT
    BenVT Member ✭✭
    Options
    8:30 AM, 7/19 download problem with TD Bank still not resolved
  • Greg Ford
    Greg Ford Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here for over a week. I deactivated one of my accounts and then signed up the account again. The transactions downloaded BUT it did so using Webconnect. I am so tired of constantly having to jump through hoops with Quicken. After 20+ years, I may have to say goodbye. Every time I hit OneStep Update, I hold my breath. Seems like half of the time something is broken.
  • ComputerGuardian
    ComputerGuardian Member ✭✭
    Options
    This needs to stop, we pay a subscription fee for this? How many times does this need to be fixed each and every time some update is done and then we have to manually do things just to keep our records in sync. I missed a Credit card payment because the reminders failed to kick in, thankfully the Credit card company was nice enough to reverse the charges, but the next time I'm charging Intuit my late fees since it seems they cant get their act together.

If you are going to charge us Subscription fees, then we expect a higher level of product, at this rate it feels like I am paying for Alpha software, total disappointment.
  • miltonbusker
    miltonbusker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same issue for a number of days. Tried deactivating and reactivating the account, and while it seems to be able to connect to the bank (it pulls up my accounts and asks which ones to connect to), it errors out before it completes the update. Pretty frustrating.
  • starpal
    starpal Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue as described by miltonbushker above since last week. I will wait for an update to be posted here before spending any more time troubleshooting.
  • friedman_nir
    friedman_nir Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here (problems with TD Bank)... I try throughout the day and it sometimes works but it hangs up (with an eventual OL-294-A) most of the time, especially in the morning.
  • BenOH
    BenOH Member
    Options
    9:36am, 7/20/2022 - Problem still not resolved.
  • Greg Ford
    Greg Ford Member ✭✭
    Options
    All - 25year user here. I wound up having to deactivate all TD bank accounts. Then Reactivatave for online updates. Everything is now connected but not through Direct Connect, but Express Web Connect ("EWC").

I don't think you need to do this, but as a note, prior to the above, I added "new" TD Bank accounts to Quicken (the original ones still set as Direct connect). All were available and i connected them (default was EWC). Then I converted the original ones to EWC. I then deleted the "new" accounts. All of my original accounts are using EWC. I was using Quicken Backup all the way through with date and time stamps checked. I hope this helps or ask if this is too confusing.
  • Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Greg Ford said:
    > All - 25year user here. I wound up having to deactivate all TD bank accounts. Then Reactivatave for online updates. Everything is now connected but not through Direct Connect, but Express Web Connect ("EWC").
    >
    > I don't think you need to do this, but as a note, prior to the above, I added "new" TD Bank accounts to Quicken (the original ones still set as Direct connect). All were available and i connected them (default was EWC). Then I converted the original ones to EWC. I then deleted the "new" accounts. All of my original accounts are using EWC. I was using Quicken Backup all the way through with date and time stamps checked. I hope this helps or ask if this is too confusing.

Are you able to perform “Bank Bill Pay” using EWC? I’m using “Direct Connect” with the “TD Bank Online Banking - New” configuration.
  • miltonbusker
    miltonbusker Member ✭✭
    Options
    It just updated for me... we'll see if it sticks.
  • jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine has been hit or miss this evening with an error-free connection to TD Bank using direct connect. But, even when it completes, it has not downloaded the cleared transactions since the last successful connection.
  • Steve Lang
    Steve Lang Member ✭✭
    Options
    I spoke to TD bank on 7-1-2022 and they said everything is good at their end. And everything is good at my end, Jasmine from Quicken , it appears that this is a Quicken Isssue
  • ComputerGuardian
    ComputerGuardian Member ✭✭
    Options
    7/20 8PM I decided to try the TDBank sync again, and low and behold it updated the TD accounts, but I noticed something seems when you click update now, the next window that opens up its stuck on "waiting..." and never updates to show what its doing and then after about 3 mins everything was current. This isnt the first time I've seen this either, not to side track the thread but this seems to be another issue.

Whether TD bank will update again later or tomorrow is anyones guess, but for now it seems its working so whoever needs to update their accounts do it now before it goes down again LOL
  • dolomoid
    dolomoid Member ✭✭
    Options
    Downloads have been working without errors starting yesterday. Hoping it stays that way.
This discussion has been closed.