After last update, one step update takes 10 minutes and downloaded transactions messed up

Options
Redbecca
Redbecca Member
After the last update, I did a one step update of my accounts. Two of the four that I download stopped working but my main account that I do most of my transactions in is now showing negative 80K! This is an Alaska USA FCU account.

The one step update lag began about 3 updates ago. It used to only take a minute at best but now it takes upwards of 5-10 minutes. The most alarming is now the accounts are showing all insane negative amounts. I've been using Quicken since 2001 and never have I encountered such a nightmare. I am supremely frustrated with this as I need to know exactly what I have at all times. I have sent in several error reports but it is still not working correctly.

I did restore from a previous file and tried the one step update again and it did the same thing.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When was the last time that you reconciled the Alaska USA FCU account?
    Did you allow Q to insert a placeholder at that time?
    When is the last time that your statement and the date/amount in Q agreed?  Because the error is sometime after that point.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Redbecca
    Redbecca Member
    Options
    I reconciled on the 21st of June. But I was not $80,000 in the hole!
  • Redbecca
    Redbecca Member
    Options
    Now the register is mostly in the red. The last time it showed in the black was 2010.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    When an asset register, which should be in black, shows in red, the usual reasons are:
    A missing deposit, or
    A duplicated debit(s)
    An erroneous amount in one or more transactions.
    Since it's in the red since 2010, Something from back then is wrong or was changed/deleted.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Redbecca
    Redbecca Member
    Options
    Yes, I have no idea what is missing. This -80K occurred when I downloaded the most recent update and then did a one step update on my computer around the 13th or 14th. Then nothing was correct. This includes the eight other checking and savings accounts that I track, although some are quite in the positive, which should be (thousands of dollars more than what should be in there) and some are in the negative (hundreds or thousands which, they should not be). I haven't looked into the credit card accounts as much as they appear to be somewhat correct. That is all irrelevant since the error is most certainly not with something I did when I reconciled the accounts (which I do monthly for all of them).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @redbecca - I am not sure that this is what happened but lately there have been posts about updates (OSU) changing the opening balances of accounts.  If you are unable to confirm what the correct opening balances should be for these accounts, I would restore a backup and not overwrite your current file so you can use it to confirm your opening balances.  It would be a good idea to note the correct opening balances in the Memo field.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to doublecheck ... is it possible that your register is NOT sorted by Date or that a Filter was applied by mistake, causing your account balance to appear out of whack.
    Be sure the account register is sorted by Date: verify that the Date column header has small triangle next to it, pointing up "▴". If it doesn't, click on the Date column header to sort the register.
    Verify the filter settings on top of the register: "All Dates, Any Type, All transactions" is the desired setting.
  • Redbecca
    Redbecca Member
    Options
    That is not the case. All is correct on my end.
This discussion has been closed.