Transfer transactions are messed up

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to transfer funds between accounts.

Comments

• careylibrary
    careylibrary Member
    For the last 8 months, since my new quicken subscription, the transaction between accounts hasn't worked. I'll have a transfer of $1000 from Checking to Savings, and the Savings entry is blank in the Deposit column. I switch it around, deposit in my checking from my savings and the payment column is blank. This is with all transfers between all accounts. I accept all updates and have the software downloaded on my machine - Canadian subscription. What is wrong here? I've used quicken for years and this makes me just want to create my own excel workbook.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    For the last 8 months, since my new quicken subscription, the transaction between accounts hasn't worked. I'll have a transfer of $1000 from Checking to Savings, and the Savings entry is blank in the Deposit column. I switch it around, deposit in my checking from my savings and the payment column is blank. This is with all transfers between all accounts. I accept all updates and have the software downloaded on my machine - Canadian subscription. What is wrong here? I've used quicken for years and this makes me just want to create my own excel workbook.
    Hello @careylibrary

I do apologize about this issue with transfers. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen then proceed through the instructions provided below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 
    I look forward to hearing back from you about how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.