"Assets" vs "Property & Debt" in asset allocation

Options
rb3w89
rb3w89 Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Hi all - new member here. Sorry if this is a dumb q, but when I look at my investing "portfolio" it does not include the "property & debt" accounts. For example, if I have invstments of $100, but also have a condo worth $50, can I show my total portfolio to be $150? It would help as I think about overall allocations. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @rb3w89 - if you change the "account intent" in Account Details to "Investment" or "Retirement" it will be available to show in your portfolio in the Investments tab.

You will then need to go into your portfolio in the Investments tab and hit the "Customize" button to go into "Accounts" to select the Condo Account to show.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. The portfolio information is for investment accounts only. 
    Possibly you could create a manual brokerage account to hold the ownership of the condo, but I would not recommend it. 
    You can use net worth and account balances report to collect both investment accounts and property and debt accounts. 
    If the condo is a rental property investment, you may want to be using the business/rental property version of Quicken. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @q_lurker - For any account, if the account intent is changeable to "Retirement" or "Investment" you can have it listed in your investment portfolio.
  • rb3w89
    rb3w89 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Wow - speedy responses. Many thanks.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damian said:
    @q_lurker - For any account, if the account intent is changeable to "Retirement" or "Investment" you can have it listed in your investment portfolio.
    Sigh!!  I knew that. Just didn’t think about it.  My mistake. We were also writing simultaneously so I didn’t see your post when I posted mine. 

While I can change an asset account in that manner, I don’t see a way to do that for a debt account.  Not sure if that was part of the OP’s interest (mortgage on condo?). 

It might also be noteworthy that such an ‘asset’ account is treated as Cash for the asset allocation purposes. May or may not be important to OP. 
This discussion has been closed.