why are the transaction vendors all abbreviated to just a first name, hard to identify

Options
crabassa
crabassa Member ✭✭
This happens occasionally, but fixes itself.
I'm looking for a setting to include the whole store name.
Now, there's a place under Memorized Payees where you can revert to the full name, one by one, but I always want the full name.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    crabassa said:
    Quicken Jared
    I found what the problem is.
    I reset the Quicken notification defaults and did this to myself.
    Under Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions>in the 2nd set of choices "During transaction download" on the 2nd line "Automatically apply Quick's suggested name" was checked.
    I unchecked that, re-tried the download and it's working how I want.
    Thanks for response on this.
    Hello @crabassa,      

I appreciate you getting back to me about your path to resolution and for discussing this with me further. I do apologize that the instructions provided earlier weren't as helpful but I am happy to hear that you were able to re-download the transactions with full payee names.

Feel free to reach out again anytime with any questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• crabassa
    crabassa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Downloading credit card info, the payee name is abbreviated, want the full name
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    crabassa said:
    Downloading credit card info, the payee name is abbreviated, want the full name
    Hello @crabassa

I am sorry for any frustration experienced in relation to this feature. Thank you looking to the Quicken Community for additional information.

First, have you made use of Custom Renaming Rules? You can do so by making use of the information provided in this Help link, here.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • crabassa
    crabassa Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, I don't have time to rename all the downloaded entries.
    I just want the system to download the same information that is on the credit card screen.
    For instance, If you were paid by APLPay, the AMEX statement would show "AplPay Quicken Jared", but the download just posts as "Quicken", so I have to look back to every charge, figure out what it's supposed to be for and code the entry accordingly.
    If I right click on the transaction vendor name, in the drop down, under memorized payees, there's a selection to "review downloaded payee" and the correct full name is there.
    I can select it and re-post the correct name.
    But, that's not convenient.
    The software wasn't doing this on the 14th, when I downloaded last week's activity.
    What has changed? And how do I reset the download to avoid this.
  • crabassa
    crabassa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jared
    Under Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions>in the 2nd set of choices "During transaction download" on the 2nd line "Automatically apply Quick's suggested name" was checked.
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    Options
    crabassa said:
    Quicken Jared
    Hello @crabassa,      

I appreciate you getting back to me about your path to resolution and for discussing this with me further. I do apologize that the instructions provided earlier weren't as helpful but I am happy to hear that you were able to re-download the transactions with full payee names.

Feel free to reach out again anytime with any questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.