How to use a Scan Snap scanner for direct scan into Quicken?

Ky Girl
Ky Girl Member
I have been unable to use a ScanSnap scanner to scan documents directly into Quicken. Is their a way to get Quicken to recognize this scanner? It does not show up in the drop down menu to import directly to Quicken.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ky Girl said:
    I have been unable to use a ScanSnap scanner to scan documents directly into Quicken. Is their a way to get Quicken to recognize this scanner? It does not show up in the drop down menu to import directly to Quicken.
    Hello @Ky Girl

I am sorry about this frustration with scanners. Thanks for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Do you know if your scanner supports TWAIN? Also, have you tried saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... then going to File > Validate & Repair > Reset all Quicken printer settings? 

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Ky Girl
    Ky Girl Member
    Thanks for your response. My scansnap scanner does not support TWAIN. I tried to Validate & Repair as you suggested with no success. I didn't check before, but the scanner is not listed on the printer/device. It is wireless, so I'm not sure where to look for it.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ky Girl said:
    Thanks for your response. My scansnap scanner does not support TWAIN. I tried to Validate & Repair as you suggested with no success. I didn't check before, but the scanner is not listed on the printer/device. It is wireless, so I'm not sure where to look for it.
    Hello @Ky Girl

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing. Thanks for checking back in with me to let me know about what you found since we discussed this matter, earlier.

It is very likely that scanners that do not support TWAIN are not compatible with the Quicken software. You can view the discussion linked here for additional information. I wish I had better news, but I want to be clear about the functionality of drivers of this type. I will note, however, that you may have an alternate driver with which the scanner can be run, such as WIA, that may be more compatible. 

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.