PNC Online Banking CC-502 Error

Options
chriskay
chriskay Member ✭✭✭
Looks like PNC Online added a text code to log in, which Quicken accepts but the web connect still fails.  Any scuttlebutt on this problem from anyone?  I did not deactivate the account and reactivate, per instructions.  Going to the gear on the account and hitting update now does not work.  It's been going on for about a week.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chriskay said:
    Looks like PNC Online added a text code to log in, which Quicken accepts but the web connect still fails.  Any scuttlebutt on this problem from anyone?  I did not deactivate the account and reactivate, per instructions.  Going to the gear on the account and hitting update now does not work.  It's been going on for about a week.
    Hello @chriskay

I do apologize about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for drawing our attention to this problem here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding PNC Bank and connectivity issues that may be related to your situations. You can view the thread linked here for additional information and any future updates.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to both Jared and Sherlock for chiming in.  Sherlock, I will try Direct Connect
  • timjjws
    timjjws Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    >
    > Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding PNC Bank and connectivity issues that may be related to your situations. You can view the thread linked here for additional information and any future updates.
    >
    The open alert you refer to says it has been resolved, but the PNC CC-502 has not been fixed, so they are not related.
    I am still prompted for a text code when I try to connect my PNC credit card account to Quicken.
  • timjjws
    timjjws Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Direct Connect only works for customers of PNC that have a banking account. I only have a Credit Card with PNC so Web Connect is the only available option.
This discussion has been closed.