Why is my net worth report missing key accounts?

Options
Kroth
Kroth Member ✭✭
When I go to net worth and balances and generate a balance sheet, it is missing my mortgage information, massively overinflating my net worth. I have reviewed the account settings of the mortgage and it looks to be identical to other loans in quicken that are appearing in the balance sheet/are not having this problem. Anyone know how to solve this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Kroth said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you have confirmed there are no other filters set to exclude the transactions in the mortgage account register, your Quicken file may be corrupt.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file 

Thanks for the additional direction. I just finished the validating process, and it turns out the mortgage was damaged and "repaired" during the validation. However, it doesn't seem to have resolved the issue; it is still missing as a liability in my balance sheet....
    The Validate and Repair does not detect and repair all possible Quicken file corruptions.  I suggest you recreate the mortgage account.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I suggest you check the missing accounts for inclusion in Net Worth and Account Balances reports: open the report, press Alt + C, and select the Accounts tab

Do not trust the includes all/any option on tabs of the Customize window of a report.  The feature was added relatively recently and does not reliably determine whether all the items are selected. 

To prevent Quicken from incorrectly defaulting to the all/any option in a Saved report, I suggest unchecking an unhidden item for each tab.
  • Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have confirmed that all of my accounts are selected in the view. Any other suggestions?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kroth said:
    I have confirmed that all of my accounts are selected in the view. Any other suggestions?
    If you have confirmed there are no other filters set to exclude the transactions in the mortgage account register, your Quicken file may be corrupt.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file 
  • Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you have confirmed there are no other filters set to exclude the transactions in the mortgage account register, your Quicken file may be corrupt.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file 

Thanks for the additional direction. I just finished the validating process, and it turns out the mortgage was damaged and "repaired" during the validation. However, it doesn't seem to have resolved the issue; it is still missing as a liability in my balance sheet....
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Kroth said:
    > @Sherlock said:

The Validate and Repair does not detect and repair all possible Quicken file corruptions.  I suggest you recreate the mortgage account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Kroth,

Just to be clear - you seem to be indicating that the mortgage account does not appear (at all)  in the report - is that correct?  Presumably, it should appear, as a separate line item, in the "Other Liabilities" section.

If so, I suggest that you open the account in Quicken > click on the "gear" icon (in the upper right) > select "Edit account details" > click on the "Display Options" tab, and let us know if it looks like this:

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @Kroth,
    >
    > Just to be clear - you seem to be indicating that the mortgage account does not appear (at all)  in the report - is that correct?  Presumably, it should appear, as a separate line item, in the "Other Liabilities" section.
    >
    > If so, I suggest that you open the account in Quicken > click on the "gear" icon (in the upper right) > select "Edit account details" > click on the "Display Options" tab, and let us know if it looks like this:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Frankx

Attached - looks exactly like this.
  • Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Kroth said:
    > > @Frankx said:
    > > Hi @Kroth,
    > >
    > > Just to be clear - you seem to be indicating that the mortgage account does not appear (at all)  in the report - is that correct?  Presumably, it should appear, as a separate line item, in the "Other Liabilities" section.
    > >
    > > If so, I suggest that you open the account in Quicken > click on the "gear" icon (in the upper right) > select "Edit account details" > click on the "Display Options" tab, and let us know if it looks like this:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Frankx
    >
    > Attached - looks exactly like this.

I ended up just recreating the mortgage and it seems to work fine. No big deal :)
This discussion has been closed.