Linking accounts

Options
PEFarley
PEFarley Member
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
During the Quicken Conversion I missed the step about linking versus new account. Now I have 2 Quicken accounts for 1 brokerage account. How can I link the 2 Quicken accounts?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    You can not link the two accounts.  You may either merge the accounts or treat one of the old account as if it was closed.

If you did this recently, you may delete the new account and attempt to set up the Online Services again.

If you want to merge the accounts, you may open the old account and move the old transactions to new account (press Ctrl + Shift + N and select Move transactions) before deleting the old account. 

If you want to treat the old account as if it was closed, you may transfer all of the holdings to the new account to maintain the cost basis: open the old register, press Ctrl + N, select Shares Transferred Between Accounts and Cash Transferred out of Account in the Enter transaction: pull-down menu.

Whether you decide to merge the accounts or treat the old account as if it was closed, you will need to reconcile the account holdings appropriately.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    You can not link the two accounts.  You may either merge the accounts or treat one of the old account as if it was closed.

If you did this recently, you may delete the new account and attempt to set up the Online Services again.

If you want to merge the accounts, you may open the old account and move the old transactions to new account (press Ctrl + Shift + N and select Move transactions) before deleting the old account. 

If you want to treat the old account as if it was closed, you may transfer all of the holdings to the new account to maintain the cost basis: open the old register, press Ctrl + N, select Shares Transferred Between Accounts and Cash Transferred out of Account in the Enter transaction: pull-down menu.

Whether you decide to merge the accounts or treat the old account as if it was closed, you will need to reconcile the account holdings appropriately.
This discussion has been closed.