Uncategorized Transaction

Options
alfie@
alfie@ Member ✭✭
Lately I've been see that I have "6 Uncategorized Transactions" on the home page. When I click on that icon to see what they are the list is empty. How can I find out what is "uncategorized" and fix it?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alfie@ said:
    Lately I've been see that I have "6 Uncategorized Transactions" on the home page. When I click on that icon to see what they are the list is empty. How can I find out what is "uncategorized" and fix it?
    Hello @alfie@,   

I am sorry for any confusion caused by this situation with the Uncategorized Transactions callout box on the Home screen. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, you can always go to the register and select the Uncategorized option in the All Transaction Filter just above the register itself. You can then edit the transaction category by left-clicking on the area just beneath the Category column and in the row associated with the transactions in question. Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Let us know what you find once you've made use of these steps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alfie@ said:
    IIRC, the report which comes up clicking on "x Uncategorized Transactions" only looks at banking accounts (spending accounts), not investment accounts. I suspect you may have uncategorized investment register transactions.
    Please try this: Select the "All Transactions" view from the Account Bar. Change the Filter criteria for this view to "All accounts / This year / Any Type / Uncategorized". Do you see them now?

• alfie@
    alfie@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    To answer Jared's response - I don't know which register the uncategorized are so I went to all of them and none of them show uncategorized. The result of the "Show on my computer" says its in my Windows(C)/Backups/Quicken2021 Directory.

To Answer SuperUser - No I still don't see them.

I just discovered in the "Main View" is where it shows the Uncategorized. If I switch to "Dashboard" it gives me the thumbs up stating "Great You have no uncategorized transactions for this period."
This discussion has been closed.