Delete a previously entered bill payment?

Options
deaconjon
deaconjon Member ✭✭
I have a vendor payment transaction that I need to change the amount. The trax has already been assigned a check number, but I cannot cancel payment as we formerly could do prior to the payment being processed.

Anyone have a resolution?

Comments

• deaconjon
    deaconjon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, if I try to void the trax, i get an error message...need to cancel payment first.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deaconjon said:
    Also, if I try to void the trax, i get an error message...need to cancel payment first.
    Hello @deaconjon

I am sorry for this frustration with the bill payment featuring an incorrect amount. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

In order to be of the most possible assistance, I do have some questions that may need to be answered. First, what payment method is being used - Quick Pay or Check Pay? Who was this payment made to? Lastly, can we know the amount currently listed on the payment?

I hope to hear back from you soon, if you have the opportunity to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • deaconjon
    deaconjon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Payment method = Check Pay
    Payment made to = Dexter Blois (self)
    Amount of payment = $1.00
  • deaconjon
    deaconjon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here's the message the system generates:
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    deaconjon said:
    Here's the message the system generates:
    Hello @deaconjon

I am sorry to hear about this error message continuing. Thank you for reaching out to me again with further information.

Where is the payment currently displayed - is it showing in the Account Register? What is displayed in the Check Number column? Would you be willing or able to provide a screenshot - with personal information outside of the transaction in question redacted - using the steps listed in this FAQ? Note that you may also drag and drop images into your comment before it has been posted. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.