Ongoing serious issues with Schwab

Options
Barry Berkov
Barry Berkov Member ✭✭
I have been having all kinds of problems downloading transactions from Schwab to Quicken Premier for Windows. One issue is already a Quicken case and also being investigated by Schwab. Any attempt to open the IRA account causes Quicken to crash if transaction download has been implemented.

Now, however, I have a different kind of issue where one of my other Schwab accounts is reported as not being found despite the fact that it's shown on Schwab's website and has been in my Quicken file for years. Attempting to fix it can cause problems with two other Schwab IRA accounts and trying to fix those can cause some non-Schwab accounts to report errors. To make things more interesting, disabling online downloads and setting them up again often produces a situation where there is a time-out after a long wait. Then trying again often succeeds. The bottom line is that the interface(s) with Schwab seem to be seriously screwed up. I have a total of 4 accounts. One crashes Quicken. For the other three, two IRAs are somehow handled together and the non-ira is updated separately (when it works). I'm ready to find some kind of alternative to Quicken.

Comments

• QknConfused
    QknConfused Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I have the same problems. I have 6 active accounts with Schwab and 2 more set up but unfunded (those 2 are not set up for OSU). I spend hours nearly every night trying to get a complete download. An account I downloaded the previous day is now "not found" at Schwab. Fixing it causes other accounts to become unlinked. Fixing them causes further accounts to become unlinked. I'm working from a desktop PC. I updated to R42.19 (HFI) recently in hopes updating would resolve the issues. It didn't. I believe the fault lies with Quicken. Quicken is giving me no benefit, at great cost to me.

"disabling online downloads and setting them up again often produces a situation where there is a time-out after a long wait." I hear ya!
This discussion has been closed.