LoanDepot Connection Issues

Options
MichaelFarese79
MichaelFarese79 Member
When I first got my loan with LoanDepot, I accessed self service at loandepot.loanadministration.com. Recently they told me I had to start using servicing.loandepot.com. They referred to it as the "texas service center". Anyway, I'm trying to add this account into Quicken, but I can see the url Quicken associates with LoanDepot is the first one. That one is still active for lots of people, but there are also lots of us on this other server. So, long story short, I can't connect to LoanDepot because Quicken is sending my authentication request to the wrong URL.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @michaelfarese79 - Here is some information regarding "incorrect URL" you might find helpful.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-uses-incorrect-url-online-banking

Also, there seems to be an ongoing alert for several mortgage companies, including Loan Depot.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899473/ongoing-7-14-22-mortgage-accounts-cc-501-555-155-or-ccclient-203

• MichaelFarese79
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. The issue isn't that the URL is incorrect, per se. The issue is that there are two different URLs. One portion of customers uses one, but the other portion of customers uses the other one. There are two URLs for some reason. I think it's unfortunate that there is no process for me to report this and have someone from Intuit look into it to see if there is something they can do by working with the bank.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @michaelfarese79 - Loan Depot needs to contact Quicken to have this other URL added. Until this happens, there is nothing Quicken can do.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just my 2cents' worth …
    I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment. 
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up like credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

As far as making monthly payments on time is concerned, ...

I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, whatever the URL, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to arm-wrestle Bill Manager into making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

• MichaelFarese79
    Options
    I think I will do this... just leave it offline. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.