One Step Update Password settings suddenly lost.

Options
Robert Sheran
Robert Sheran Member ✭✭✭
Last three weeks the issue was Direct Connect with BECU and now this!!!! Today 7/21 Launched Quicken R42.8 (27.1.2.8) Win10. Started One Step Update (daily procedure). All banking account login and passwords in Password Vault have been erased! Quicken app presents window to re-load Passwords, but, will not record attempts to enter passwords when I select Apply or Update Now. Instead, a new window opens asking me to Please Enter Passwords. When I select OK, NOTHING happens! When I open Edit Password Vault it will not allow any attempt to re-enter accounts/passwords via that path (data fields are Grayed out). Seems like the complete Quicken process for One Step is broken and I am frustrated again...

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you restore a recent Quicken file backup.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file

If the issue persists, I suggest you attempt to reset the Password Vault: select Tools > Password Vault > Reset Vault...

If the issue persists, I suggest you attempt to delete the Password Vaultselect Tools > Password Vault > Delete Vault and all Saved Passwords...

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you restore a recent Quicken file backup.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file

If the issue persists, I suggest you attempt to reset the Password Vault: select Tools > Password Vault > Reset Vault...

If the issue persists, I suggest you attempt to delete the Password Vaultselect Tools > Password Vault > Delete Vault and all Saved Passwords...

• Robert Sheran
    Robert Sheran Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Followed 1st suggestion, Restore prior BK. I had to go back several days prior starting with most recent (no change) to 3 days prior. noted a pop up that Quicken was re-Sync with Quicken Server before my password vault returned to normal operation (except for the darn BECU Direct Connect issue). Thanks
This discussion has been closed.