Investing Tab reset - annoying

Amy Carlson
Amy Carlson Member ✭✭
Super annoyed, just updated to the newest release. Everytime I manually enter a transaction in one of my banking accounts, when I use the cntl-enter or save the program reloads the investing tab. Waste of time, is there a fix?

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    @Amy Carlson - if you haven't done so already, I would start with a validate or super validate and then see if that fixes the issue.

Validate and Super Validate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

If the validate doesn't fix the issue, then I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing Quicken.

Another thing to try are these troubleshooting steps - 

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

If you continue to have issues, I suggest contacting Quicken Customer Support.  They would be able to analyze your error logs and account setup to find a solution.

If all else fails, you can always revert back to a prior release.  I hesitate with this one because it might just push the issues to a future date, when you update to a new release.  If you do need to call Customer Support, you can ask them about reverting back to a prior release.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite sure I understand what you're talking about.
    So you updated Quicken to what release? R 42.8? What older release did you upgrade from?
    And now you're working in a banking account register, like your checking account and saving a new transaction. When doing so, a view in the Investing tab refreshes. Correct?
    Are you using Popup Registers to have 2 or more views open in addition to the main Quicken window?
  • [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    @Amy Carlson - if you haven't done so already, I would start with a validate or super validate and then see if that fixes the issue.

Validate and Super Validate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

If the validate doesn't fix the issue, then I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing Quicken.

Another thing to try are these troubleshooting steps - 

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

If you continue to have issues, I suggest contacting Quicken Customer Support.  They would be able to analyze your error logs and account setup to find a solution.

If all else fails, you can always revert back to a prior release.  I hesitate with this one because it might just push the issues to a future date, when you update to a new release.  If you do need to call Customer Support, you can ask them about reverting back to a prior release.
  • Amy Carlson
    Amy Carlson Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the recommendations
This discussion has been closed.