matching a deleted transaction(?)

Options
Jeanne
Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
I know what I did wrong so I'm just posting this question to avoid making matters worse. I stupidly deleted a downloaded transaction in favor of something I'd entered manually. Now I have a little red pencil and a blank posting date. The posting date I got when I brought up the VIEW POSTING DATE dialog was way way off, so I'm glad I fixed that. (I also checked the box that indicated a downloaded transaction.) But that corrected date doesn't display in the POSTING DATE column. I won't fret about that because I rarely need that column and could hide it.

But I fear I've got that little red pencil icon forever. So can I make that go away? And did I do right when I checked "downloaded transaction" in the VIEW POSTING DATE dialog? I promise I won't do it again, but any other advice for cleaning up and putting things in order?

Many thanks,
Jeanne
Quicken Deluxe R42.8
(Win 8.1)

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Setting the Posting Date and checking the downloaded box is appropriate and will influence when the transaction will qualify in the reconciliation process.  The red pencil icon will go away when you set the transaction's reconcile status as Cleared or Reconciled.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Setting the Posting Date and checking the downloaded box is appropriate and will influence when the transaction will qualify in the reconciliation process.  The red pencil icon will go away when you set the transaction's reconcile status as Cleared or Reconciled.
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh thanks so much, Sherlock. Greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.