I tried scheduling an online check payment and it did not assign a ck#

Options
I have been using "PAY" in the "Check number" column for a while now and it would provide a dropdown list of Payees. I would select one and a second page would pop up wanting the $$ amount and the scheduled pay date.

A week ago I tried to schedule a payment and there was no popup after selecting the Payee (which was there in the dropdown). I tried again today and the same happens. It appears like i cannot schedule a check payment.

What have I changed that would cause this to not work now?
Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been using "PAY" in the "Check number" column for a while now and it would provide a dropdown list of Payees. I would select one and a second page would pop up wanting the $$ amount and the scheduled pay date.

A week ago I tried to schedule a payment and there was no popup after selecting the Payee (which was there in the dropdown). I tried again today and the same happens. It appears like i cannot schedule a check payment.

What have I changed that would cause this to not work now?
    Hello @Dave Robinson,     

I am sorry about this issue with missing check number information. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing this issue with multiple accounts, across multiple financial institutions? If not, which banking institution seems to be affected? 

If you are noticing this with accounts associated with more than one financial institution, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.

Try adding one of the affected accounts by clicking on the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand portion of the screen, then try creating a check as you normally would.

I am curious if these symptoms continue in the test file. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have only one "pay from" account. OBee Credit Union.
    When I want to enter a payment to be "sent" I usually see "PAY" as a dropdown selection in the "Check Number" column. It is not there anymore.
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just checked another payee to see if I could schedule a "check" payment. No Go. The Option is not there in the 'Check Number' column.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does it show when you
    • go into Bills & Income tab / Bills, Income & Transfers view
    • click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the view and select Payment Accounts
    • Is your CU Checking account still enabled for Quick Pay and Check Pay?
    • If it is (or not), exit the Payment Accounts view, select the gear icon again
    • Select Review and Repair / Review and Repair Payment Accounts.
    Did that fix it?
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It did not. 1) step 2 above does not have a "select Payment Accounts" option. 2) performed repair payment accounts. and it reports "Payment Accounts are in SYNC"
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please try the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
This discussion has been closed.