Can not view file attachments in split transactions

Options
Patzee21
Patzee21 Member ✭✭
We fill our medicine prescriptions at the grocery store, so part of the CC payment is for groceries, part for medicine. I scan the pharmacy receipt (which is printed separately) for tax records and then attach it to the split transaction. While it shows the attachment symbol in the register, the attachment will not display. There does not seem to be a way to access, view or edit it.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Patzee21 said:
    We fill our medicine prescriptions at the grocery store, so part of the CC payment is for groceries, part for medicine. I scan the pharmacy receipt (which is printed separately) for tax records and then attach it to the split transaction. While it shows the attachment symbol in the register, the attachment will not display. There does not seem to be a way to access, view or edit it.
    Hello @Patzee21,    

I am sorry for any frustration experienced with the Attachments feature. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, have you attempted the steps provided below in order to view your attachments on these split transactions:

1. Open the account that contains the attachment you want to view.
    2. Click   (the Account Actions icon), and then choose Account Attachments.
    3. In the Account Attachments Viewer, select the date associated with the attachment you want to view (for example, a statement from a particular date).
    4. Click View. The Attachments Viewer appears and you can now view the attachments for the account that you selected.
    5. Optional: To open an attachment in its associated Windows application (such as Windows Photo Viewer, Adobe Photoshop, or GIMP) rather than in the Attachments Viewer, double-click the image.
    I look forward to hearing your reply and hope to work with you further on this, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Patzee21 said:
    Hello @Patzee21,    

I am sorry for any frustration experienced with the Attachments feature. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, have you attempted the steps provided below in order to view your attachments on these split transactions:

1. Open the account that contains the attachment you want to view.
    2. Click   (the Account Actions icon), and then choose Account Attachments.
    3. In the Account Attachments Viewer, select the date associated with the attachment you want to view (for example, a statement from a particular date).
    4. Click View. The Attachments Viewer appears and you can now view the attachments for the account that you selected.
    5. Optional: To open an attachment in its associated Windows application (such as Windows Photo Viewer, Adobe Photoshop, or GIMP) rather than in the Attachments Viewer, double-click the image.
    I look forward to hearing your reply and hope to work with you further on this, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Patzee21
    Patzee21 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Jared! Got it.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Patzee21 said:
    Thanks, Jared! Got it.
    Hello @Patzee21

Thanks for checking back in with us to let us know how this worked for you. I am glad that you were able to view the attachments.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like the standard @volvogirl response regarding tracking credit card transactions in a split transaction vs. in their own credit card account would be useful here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20282262/#Comment_20282262

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Patzee21
    Patzee21 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I already have my CC accounts set up as mentioned. The issue I was having was attaching my receipt scans (particularly medical receipts for tax use) to split transactions and then being able to view them again. The previous response solved my problems. Thanks for answering.
This discussion has been closed.