In past few months, Downloaded transactions are not matched to manually entered transactions

Options
wpc09
wpc09 Member ✭✭
I suddenly started having issues when reconciling where I would discover several manually entered transactions from Bill Reminders that were duplicated by downloaded transactions that Quicken never matched even though payees, dates, and amounts were matching. As far as I can tell, I have set everything so that downloaded transactions have to be reviewed and confirmed as matching. What might be causing this behavior of entering them in the register without matching? It appears to happen with a single credit card account and a single checking account.

Quicken version R42.19 Build 27.1.42.19. Windows 11 Pro.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to what I just read here in the Community, the latest patch, R 42.19, available only since yesterday (7/26/22), is the one which is supposed to fix the matching issue.
    Since upgrading to R 42.19, have you tested if this problem persists?
    If so, can you provide some specific examples on your matching process and what makes it fail?
  • wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just downloaded the patch. I will need to see if this issue is resolved.
  • wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, the latest patch plus the One Step Update gave me a whole new batch of problems. I had entered Bill Reminder transactions into the register for August. All of a sudden, Quicken has now duplicated the Bill Reminders for August, leaving me with notices for duplicate entries. What gives?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wpc09 said:
    Well, the latest patch plus the One Step Update gave me a whole new batch of problems. I had entered Bill Reminder transactions into the register for August. All of a sudden, Quicken has now duplicated the Bill Reminders for August, leaving me with notices for duplicate entries. What gives?
    Hi @wpc09 ,

Check the Preferences for Downloaded Transactions.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was perhaps not clear. What happened was that Quicken suddenly duplicated all of my Bill reminders for August. I had already entered the transactions for August using the Bill Reminder window a couple of days ago. Suddenly, after the updated program and the one-step update, all of the August bill reminders were duplicated in the Bill and Income Reminder window.
  • thecreator
    Options
    Hi @wpc09 ,

Did you not say that you entered the Bill Reminders in the Register, but you did not enter the actual transactions in the Register, so when you downloaded the transactions from your Bank, the process had no actual transactions to be matched to in the Register, I do not show Reminders in any register,

• wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Let me take this one thing at a time.

I always enter the upcoming month's reminders into the Register as transactions. This allows me to see average balances a month ahead.

A month or two ago I noticed that Quicken downloads were not automatically matching the downloaded transactions to the reminder transactions I had entered into the Registers as paid.

I then installed the most recent update.

Now what I see is, for the upcoming month, double entries in the Bill Reminder/Income window. One set was those already entered. The duplicates were a re-created unentered reminder.

I went into the register and deleted all entries for August. I then went into the Bills and Reminders window and removed the already entered Bill Reminders.

Now everything seems to be okay.

Perhaps I am not understanding something about how Quicken works, but this non-matching was never a problem until a couple months ago. The duplication of the Bill Reminders was a surprise.
  • thecreator
    Options
    Question:Are you showing Reminders in the Register or below the Register?

When you enter to transaction in the Register from Scheduled Transactions, does it advance to next month or quarter?

• wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I show Reminders in the Register.

When I enter a transaction to the Register from Scheduled Transactions, that reminder then shows as "Paid" and activates the next instance as "Upcoming."

The downloaded transactions that aren't matching appear to all be related to these reminders/scheduled transactions.
  • wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had worked hard to get everything working properly, but here's what I am noticing. I removed duplicated transactions in the Register for my Citi Mastercard. I ensured the balances matched in Quicken and online.

I see something happening when I run One-Step Update. The Citi account will show the icon for new transactions to be matched. But when I click on the account, the icon disappears and nothing shows in the Downloaded transactions window. I now end up with duplicates of almost all transactions entered into the register, whether entered manually or from my Bill Reminders. I even ended up with duplicate payments giving me a very large positive balance in the credit card.

I have saved backups, gone several times to earlier backups to see if I can correct this, but to no avail. Quicken simply seems to be broken for this account. I even tried resetting the online downloads. It doesn't seem to make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.