7/28/22 update incompatible with Kaspersky

Options
Unimogbert
Unimogbert Member ✭✭
Kaspersky believes Quicken is installing a trojan and will prevent the update and will then clean out Quicken completely.
Message is: Detected: PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic
Chat support knows ALL ABOUT IT BUT HASN'T POSTED ANYTHING. So I'm doing it at their suggestion.
"New update coming out" When?

Comments

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just installed R42.19 with Kaspersky and did not have a problem. 
  • Unimogbert
    Unimogbert Member ✭✭
    Options
    I couldn't get far enough to see what version was being blocked.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @unimogbert - Here is another post regarding Kaspersky thinking Quicken is a trojan horse - 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20280106#Comment_20280106

The Quicken version was R42.8 (the one before R42.19)
  • Unimogbert
    Unimogbert Member ✭✭
    Options
    Shutting off Kaspersky worked. Thanks. This will be the last time I update Quicken as all the new stuff added in the last 20 years isn't anything I use. And the hassle with Kaspersky is something I won't remember in time.
  • IamOK
    IamOK Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me today, Windows 10 and Kaspersky. Needed to reinstall since Kaspersky did not restore the quarantined file, claiming the directory was missing (not true, except qw.exe all files were still there).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Here is a solution that another Kaspersky user found that might work.

- Pause protection
    - Restore qw.exe from Kaspersky AV quarantine
    - Add C:\Program Files (x86)\qw.exe to Kaspersky AV exclusions
    - Resume protection.
  • bernieorosz
    Options
    I've got the same issue with Kaspersky and Quicken for Windows. However, I cannot even open Quicken without stopping Kaspersky first. I'm running version R42.21.

So, for me, I can't have Kaspersky running even if it's just to open Quicken and not do updates.

I sure hope this gets resolved soon... very annoying to have to restart, delete the Quicken dir, the re-install if I forget to stop Kaspersky first :(.
  • bernieorosz
    Options
    I just added "C:\Program Files (x86)\qw.exe" to Kaspersky Internet Security 'Manage Exclusions" and also "Specify Trusted Applications".

With Kaspersky running, I was then able to open Quicken successfully . Once Quicken does another program update, I will report back to see if that worked too with Kaspersky is running.

Thanks to member Damian for the tip.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kaspersky itself is a threat and should be removed from all computers in the USA.
    https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/26/22997532/fcc-kaspersky-list-national-security-threats-huawei-zte

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• bernieorosz
    Options
    I can confirm that the "C:\Program Files (x86)\qw.exe" exclusion works. I opened Quicken this morning, and it automatically updated to version R43.14 with Kaspersky running. The update was successful and no issues or error messages with Kaspersky.

Also, the update started without input from me. I wish Quicken would allow the user to accept or postpone updates.
This discussion has been closed.