Quicken for Windows moves the cursor during One Step Update

Options
Tom Foran
Tom Foran Member ✭✭
This has bothered me for a while. It should be a simple change. While doing a One Step Update, Quicken moves the mouse cursor to the upper left of the screen, even when Quicken is in the background. There is no need to change the location of the mouse while doing an update. Just a suggestion.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom Foran said:
    This has bothered me for a while. It should be a simple change. While doing a One Step Update, Quicken moves the mouse cursor to the upper left of the screen, even when Quicken is in the background. There is no need to change the location of the mouse while doing an update. Just a suggestion.
    Hello @Tom Foran

I apologize about this issue with the cursor moving during One Step Updates. Thank you for drawing our attention to this issue here on the Quicken Community. 

I was unable to reproduce this symptom on my end. When did this issue begin? Do you know if there is anything in your mouse settings that may be causing this? Also, how often do you save backups? We recommend saving them frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup saved before to the emergence of this issue by navigating to File > Restore a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Does this issue continue in a backup restored from prior to the emergence of the issue?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Quicken jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jared this is a long-standing problem.  If a person has "Snap To" set in the mouse property settings this will happen.  What is happening is Quicken has some kind of hidden dialog set in the upper right of the display that has a button with the "Default button" setting set.  The result is when that hidden dialog is used the mouse cursor will jump to it.  This also happens when Quicken starts.

Here is one of the many times it has been reported:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20220024
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Tom Foran
    Tom Foran Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW. I do have "Snap To" set in the mouse property. So that explains it at least. I am not going to turn this feature off so I will have to put up with it. Frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.