American Express Bill Download Not Working Again

Options
BM749
BM749 Member ✭✭
It appears that the previous fix for the download isn't working. I get the account is authenticated message but then it says there's no bill when there is one when looking online at the AMEX website. Will this ever get fixed???

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BM749 said:
    It appears that the previous fix for the download isn't working. I get the account is authenticated message but then it says there's no bill when there is one when looking online at the AMEX website. Will this ever get fixed???
    Hello @BM749

I am sorry to hear about this issue with downloads and with bill payments. Thank you for bringing this issue to the attention of the Quicken Community.

First, when do you notice this issue? Are you attempting to pay bills with Quick Pay? Also, are you still experiencing issues with One Step Updates or account downloads?

I look forward to your responses.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BM749
    BM749 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just did an update and this time the AMEX bill downloaded and the Quick Pay option is available. Did Quicken do something on your end or did AMEX? The problem been occurring off and on for months. All other downloads I do work just fine (except the new issue with Chase); only the AMEX credit card account has problems. Glad to see that it's working now but don't have much confidence that it will continue to do so.

Also, one other issue which is why, when the AMEX account is authenticating, does it take such a long time to get synced? It's usually a few minutes to get the process done where other accounts authenticate much quicker.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BM749 said:
    I just did an update and this time the AMEX bill downloaded and the Quick Pay option is available. Did Quicken do something on your end or did AMEX? The problem been occurring off and on for months. All other downloads I do work just fine (except the new issue with Chase); only the AMEX credit card account has problems. Glad to see that it's working now but don't have much confidence that it will continue to do so.

Also, one other issue which is why, when the AMEX account is authenticating, does it take such a long time to get synced? It's usually a few minutes to get the process done where other accounts authenticate much quicker.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Hello @BM749,    

Thank you for checking back in with me about this. I am happy to hear that the issue with billers seems to be resolved for the moment, although I wish I could provide greater certitude regarding its ultimate resolution. 

I am not aware of any Open Alerts or other news regarding American Express, at the moment. you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

With respect to the issue with slow authentication times, you may then add your American Express account(s) by clicking on the Add Account button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. I am curious if the authentication is as slow in this test file as it is in your original data file.

I hope to hear more from you about this. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared  

This discussion has been closed.