Asset Allocation Report

Options
Gary R
Gary R Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
My asset allocation report for 1/1/22 does not agree with my Portfolio register for the same starting date.  Both asset allocation report and Portfolio register show all hidden accounts checked and all hidden securities checked.  The reports agree as of 7/30/22, but $45,439 off the beginning of the year.  
Not sure how to fix this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I assume you are comparing the total at the bottom of the Asset Allocation report to the total value of your investments as of 1/1/22.

It seems unusual that the balances would match now but not match at an earlier date, but this is usually caused by one or more damaged transactions.  You could try backing up your data file (just in case...) then doing a File > Validate and Repair to see if that fixes it.

It the Validate and Repair does not fix it, you can move the report dates back in time until the totals agree, then move forward until you find the date when they first disagree. 

Look for an unusual investing transaction on that date. Often deleting and re-entering the transaction will fix this sort of issue. 

You may also want to review this related discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20231942#Comment_20231942

and this one, which deals specifically with the duplicated -Cash- line in the Cash section.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20239466#Comment_20239466
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I’ll be home in a couple hours and try all your suggestions 
    thanks
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim---I tried your suggestions but my numbers are way off for all earlier time periods.  I'm not going to spend any more time on this since both reports agree as of yesterday.
    Thank you
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!This is just crazy!!
    I found the Problem!
    Select All was chosen but half the securities were not checked off when I went back to troubleshoot the issue.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another thing you could do would be to look at dates earlier this year to see when the reports start to agree. Maybe the problem was with something you sold this year.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I spend a couple hours checking everything and all is good--Everything now agrees
    Thank You
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim--You gave me some good suggestions and actually found a major issue after I went back over all the accounts.  It took me most of the day to find the problem, but solved thanks to  you.

This discussion has been closed.