Certain Morgan Stanley holdings do not populate quicken online accounts

Options
JackP
JackP Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
This issue is primarily related to bonds. Stocks and other investments with a ticker symbol seem to populate properly from desktop quicken to quicken online. Why is this and is there a fix?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JackP said:
    This issue is primarily related to bonds. Stocks and other investments with a ticker symbol seem to populate properly from desktop quicken to quicken online. Why is this and is there a fix?
    Hello @JackP

I am sorry to hear about this problem with data missing after account updates. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Do you know if you are making use of detailed or simple tracking? Also, what connection method is in use to link your investments to online banking services? You should be able to find this by going to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then clicking the Edit button in the row associated with one of the affected accounts. Finally, the information being sought should be available in the Online Setup tab of the window that appears next.

I am eager to hear your reply and I hope to provide further information and troubleshooting recommendations, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JackP
    JackP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared, the answers to your questions:
    a) Detailed Tracking
    b Direct Connect

I am also receiving an error message advising me to contact support. The message reads "Quicken encountered a server side error while syncing your data (HTTP-500)"
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JackP said:
    Jared, the answers to your questions:
    a) Detailed Tracking
    b Direct Connect

I am also receiving an error message advising me to contact support. The message reads "Quicken encountered a server side error while syncing your data (HTTP-500)"

Hello @JackP,      

Thanks for getting back to me with more information about what's happening and the answers to my earlier questions. I am sorry that this issue continues to be ongoing.

Given the connection method, and the nature of the error message, it will be necessary to reach out to Morgan Stanley support for assistance. It is often best to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these individuals possess greater familiarity with third-party software, such as Quicken. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns you may have. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.