Unable to download Capital One statements

Options
Scott Stewart
Scott Stewart Member ✭✭
One of the updates have changed the way Quicken downloads transactions. Trying to download transactions from Capital One, Quicken said that there was an error and Capital One requires that I reauthorize. Once I clicked the "Reauthorize" button I was taken to a dialog box that said "Connectivity Problems. Capital One Card Services needs your attention. Your bank needs to reauthorize your accounts." When I click on the new "Reauthorize" button, A wait icon appears for a second and disappears. Nothing else happens. I am left with the reauthorize button or a cancel button. Clicking on the reauthorize button a second time led to the program hanging, requiring me to kill it through the task manager. Clicking the cancel took me back to the One Step Update dialog box. After closing that window the "Last Download" date is updated to today, but there was no data transferred. So I will not be able to download the missing data. I can no longer just have my bank or credit card export a QXF file and have Quicken open it. A very handy feature that no longer works. Now when I have Capital One export a file, it just gets saved to the Download folder. If I try to import it into Quicken I get an error saying the file is invalid. Quicken no longer intercepts the download asking if you want to open it with Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the updates have changed the way Quicken downloads transactions. Trying to download transactions from Capital One, Quicken said that there was an error and Capital One requires that I reauthorize. Once I clicked the "Reauthorize" button I was taken to a dialog box that said "Connectivity Problems. Capital One Card Services needs your attention. Your bank needs to reauthorize your accounts." When I click on the new "Reauthorize" button, A wait icon appears for a second and disappears. Nothing else happens. I am left with the reauthorize button or a cancel button. Clicking on the reauthorize button a second time led to the program hanging, requiring me to kill it through the task manager. Clicking the cancel took me back to the One Step Update dialog box. After closing that window the "Last Download" date is updated to today, but there was no data transferred. So I will not be able to download the missing data. I can no longer just have my bank or credit card export a QXF file and have Quicken open it. A very handy feature that no longer works. Now when I have Capital One export a file, it just gets saved to the Download folder. If I try to import it into Quicken I get an error saying the file is invalid. Quicken no longer intercepts the download asking if you want to open it with Quicken.
    Hello @Scott Stewart, 

I am sorry to hear about these frustrations with downloading transactions. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

I want to make sure I understand the situation. What kind of file extensions are you seeing when you are looking for downloads on Capital One's website? Does the QFX download option appear to be missing? If so, this is something that would have to be provided by the financial institution, itself. Are you rather experiencing an error of some kind when trying to download QFX files and import them?

I look forward to hearing your answer, and I hope to correspond with you in greater detail about this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Scott Stewart
    Scott Stewart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Jared, for the reply. The problem was that Firefox had changed. I had to go into the settings and set QFX files to be opened by the app. It was set to "Save File." The last date downloaded was reset. So when I down loaded the data today and it opened in Quicken, it did not recognize that the imported data was already added. Small detail. Hopefully this will work properly from today on. It appears so.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Jared, for the reply. The problem was that Firefox had changed. I had to go into the settings and set QFX files to be opened by the app. It was set to "Save File." The last date downloaded was reset. So when I down loaded the data today and it opened in Quicken, it did not recognize that the imported data was already added. Small detail. Hopefully this will work properly from today on. It appears so.
    Hello @Scott Stewart,  

I am happy to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved, and I really appreciate you taking the time to check back in and let us know how things turned out. The information about your resolution is quite helpful, as well.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.