Income Reminder issues

Options
Quicken keeps scrambling the categories on my paycheck income reminder splits (i.e. when I go to enter the reminder into the register, the salary split is categorized as federal tax). The split amounts are correct, but all of the categories are mixed up. I have corrected this several times for existing and future reminders, but the next time I go to enter my paycheck, is is messed up again. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brent79 said:
    Quicken keeps scrambling the categories on my paycheck income reminder splits (i.e. when I go to enter the reminder into the register, the salary split is categorized as federal tax). The split amounts are correct, but all of the categories are mixed up. I have corrected this several times for existing and future reminders, but the next time I go to enter my paycheck, is is messed up again. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
    Hello @Brent79

I am sorry to hear about this issue with income reminder splits. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

In order to provide additional answers, it will help us to do some additional troubleshooting. First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that this data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

Next, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the steps provided below, in order: 
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.