Issues Downloading information from Navy Federal (Q Mac)

Butterflynana
Butterflynana Member
Hello there!

I want to report issues with Downloading information from Navy Federal. I've updated my log in credentials, but no data is downloaded after I do the 2 factor authentication.

Thank you,

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello there!

I want to report issues with Downloading information from Navy Federal. I've updated my log in credentials, but no data is downloaded after I do the 2 factor authentication.

Thank you,
    Hello @Butterflynana,     

I am sorry to hear about these issues with account downloads. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community. 

First, have you noticed any error messages associated with your Navy Federal Credit Union account? Next, have you tried removing any filters by clicking on the green Reset button if and when it appears at the top of the account register? You may also try changing the sort order by clicking on the box with the word Date inside, at the top of the associated column within the register itself, so that the triangular arrow inside changes directions. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • Hi Jared!

No, it's weird but I don't get an error code or anything. Everything looks like if it updated but when I look at the info nothing new was Brough in.

As far as filtering, I don't see any filters on the columns. I've tried to sort them again as you said, but nothing changed besides the order. I have 2 accounts with them checking, savings and money market act so all are in the same situation.

Thanks,
  • Quicken Jared
    Hi Jared!

No, it's weird but I don't get an error code or anything. Everything looks like if it updated but when I look at the info nothing new was Brough in.

As far as filtering, I don't see any filters on the columns. I've tried to sort them again as you said, but nothing changed besides the order. I have 2 accounts with them checking, savings and money market act so all are in the same situation.

Thanks,
    Hello @Butterflynana,       

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing, and thank you for getting back to me with more information about what is happening. 

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your Navy Federal Credit Union affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • after trying from scratch, it brought all the information. The weird thing was that it asked me to do 2-step verification twice. The good thing is that the info is there. Now, I need to Bring it to my official file, how can I do that?

Thanks,
  • Quicken Jared
    after trying from scratch, it brought all the information. The weird thing was that it asked me to do 2-step verification twice. The good thing is that the info is there. Now, I need to Bring it to my official file, how can I do that?

Thanks,
    Hello @Butterflynana,   

Thanks for following up with me about your results. I am happy to hear that the transactions seem to be downloading successfully. 

In regards to the issue with 2-step verification requests, it may benefit you to save a backup, then proceed through the following:

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, select Login and select Passwords at the top
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    I hope to hear any updates you may be able to offer, if you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • thank you for your help. It seems that the issue has been fixed with the steps you provided. Thanks!
  • Quicken Jared
    thank you for your help. It seems that the issue has been fixed with the steps you provided. Thanks!
    @Butterflynana,  

I am happy to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved, and I really appreciate that you took the time to check back in with me and let me know how things worked out.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns anytime.

Have a great day!

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.