Error Code BID = 67811 [USAA] (Q Mac)

Greenmac
Greenmac Member
This issue has still not been resolved. I have done everything Jasmine suggested and also have been on the phone with USAA and Quicken since last November and it does not fix anything. I refuse to start a new file again. Quicken needs to fix this ASAP...

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Greenmac said:
    This issue has still not been resolved. I have done everything Jasmine suggested and also have been on the phone with USAA and Quicken since last November and it does not fix anything. I refuse to start a new file again. Quicken needs to fix this ASAP...
    Hello @Greenmac,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the BID error message. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing BID error messages with accounts associated with more than one financial institution? I want to be clear on this. Also, are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), firewalls, antivirus software, or pop-up blockers? If so, it may be necessary to remove these or turn them off in order to troubleshoot these problems further, as they can occasionally cause connectivity issues that result in the error message you have described.

I look forward to hearing about your results.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greenmac said:
    Not being a Mac user myself, and not having any USAA accounts ... weren't there some discussions about USAA requiring either a different logon ID or a different PIN instead of a password for access from Quicken?

Just for reference: "BID = 67811" refers to the bank ID number for USAA. It is not an error code. A code or error message should appear in a separate text in the popup display.
    Programmers should really fix the text in this display and provide a better explanation of the error.

• Greenmac
    Greenmac Member
    Jared not using any of the items you listed above
  • Quicken Jared
    edited August 2022
    Greenmac said:
    Jared not using any of the items you listed above
    Hello @Greenmac,  

I am sorry that this issue is continuing. Thank you for letting me know more about the current situation. 

Have you been prompted in regards to additional login IDs or passwords, as @UKR had mentioned earlier?

Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage. Occasionally, I have noticed errors such as these emerging as a consequence of this, although that is rare. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greenmac
    Greenmac Member
    I don’t have an external drive The file is on my computer hard drive. It occurs only with my usaa accounts. Not prompted by additional log ins.
  • Quicken Jared
    Greenmac said:
    I don’t have an external drive The file is on my computer hard drive. It occurs only with my usaa accounts. Not prompted by additional log ins.
    Hello @Greenmac,  

Thank you for getting back to us with the answers to our earlier questions. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your USAA-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this test data file.

I hope to hear more from you soon. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greenmac
    Greenmac Member
    Already did this too months ago
  • Greenmac
    Greenmac Member
    Not doing it again it messed up everything
This discussion has been closed.