In Quicken Premier (v R42.19), Home Dashboard doesn't update after changing time period

Options
Harry-NJ
Harry-NJ Member
In the past few months, the Home Dashboard panels do not refresh data when I use the dropdown arrow to select a different time period. For example, on the "Top Spending Categories" panel, the default period is "Last 30 days". I change it to "This Year" but the numbers don't change. This happens on all of the panels. I thought that the frequent Quicken auto-updates would fix the issue because it is so obvious, but nothing yet. How do I report this to the right Quicken people to get this fixed? It is highly annoying.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harry-NJ said:
    In the past few months, the Home Dashboard panels do not refresh data when I use the dropdown arrow to select a different time period. For example, on the "Top Spending Categories" panel, the default period is "Last 30 days". I change it to "This Year" but the numbers don't change. This happens on all of the panels. I thought that the frequent Quicken auto-updates would fix the issue because it is so obvious, but nothing yet. How do I report this to the right Quicken people to get this fixed? It is highly annoying.
    Hello @Harry-NJ

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the Home View in the Dashboard being unresponsive to Date filters. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.