Attachments disappearing from investment account transactions (Q Mac)

NSPGuy
NSPGuy Member ✭✭
I'm running Quicken 6.8.3 (Build 608.44884.100) on MacOS 10.13.6. After attaching a document to an investment transaction, the 'paper clip' icon appears but the document becomes invisible to view or delete. When attempting to attach the document a second (or third, etc) time the previous document(s) become(s) visible, but only while the transaction is open. At this time duplicate documents can be deleted. However, saving the attachment and closing the transaction renders all attachments invisible again.

Is their a bug fix for this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    NSPGuy said:
    I'm running Quicken 6.8.3 (Build 608.44884.100) on MacOS 10.13.6. After attaching a document to an investment transaction, the 'paper clip' icon appears but the document becomes invisible to view or delete. When attempting to attach the document a second (or third, etc) time the previous document(s) become(s) visible, but only while the transaction is open. At this time duplicate documents can be deleted. However, saving the attachment and closing the transaction renders all attachments invisible again.

Is their a bug fix for this?
    Hello @NSPGuy,  

I am sorry to hear about this issue with missing attachments. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

When did you first notice this problem, and how often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, while Quicken is open. Provided that this has been done frequently, you should be able to restore from a recent backup saved just prior to the emergence of this issue by going into the same menu and selecting File > Restore from Backup... I am curious if this problem continues in the restored backup file.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.