Having issues with automatching transactions downloaded from Chase bank -

Options
bosshog415
bosshog415 Member
I called Quicken support and they said the issue was with Chase - does that make sense? I have numerous transactions that should be automatching with non reconciled transactions in my register but now I need to manually match. Such a pain. Is there a fix for this? I have already tried to repair the file but that didn't help.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I called Quicken support and they said the issue was with Chase - does that make sense? I have numerous transactions that should be automatching with non reconciled transactions in my register but now I need to manually match. Such a pain. Is there a fix for this? I have already tried to repair the file but that didn't help.
    Hello @bosshog415

I am sorry to hear about this issue with automatching transactions after downloads. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what connection method are you using to add or link your accounts? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way that Chase could be involved with the matching not working is if they are providing Payees that are different than in the past and Quicken can't figure out what to match them to.
    You may need to change some Renaming Rules in Quicken so that the downloaded Payees look like the existing transactions already in the register or change your Memorized Payees.
    Depending on the download method (if Express Web Connect) it isn't even Chase since that is being determined by the aggregation service collecting that information for download into Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• panchito
    panchito Member
    Options
    NO ERROR PLEASE
This discussion has been closed.