Issues when choosing backup file

Options
JohnP80NHA
JohnP80NHA Member
Like most, I use multiple backup locations. I recently deleted one location and changed another on the remote drive but they will not delete from the backup dropdown box. The files have been completely deleted from my computer and remote HD but they still show up in the dropdown box. In the scheme of life, it's no big deal, but they bug me sitting there laughing at me every time I back up! Any help greatly appreciated. John 🏴‍☠️

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Edit the file %APPDATA%\Quicken\Config\QUSER.INI to remove unwanted BackupPaths.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Edit the file %APPDATA%\Quicken\Config\QUSER.INI to remove unwanted BackupPaths.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• JohnP80NHA
    JohnP80NHA Member
    Options
    Done, easy breezy! One small victory against the matrix! Thanks for the help! 🏴‍☠️
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For reference to other users reading and trying this ...
    The advice should be:
    • Close Quicken.
    • While Quicken is closed use Notepad or any other ASCII text editor, not MS Word,
      to edit the file %APPDATA%\Quicken\Config\QUSER.INI to remove unwanted BackupPaths

[RecentBackupPaths]
      BackupPath5=
      BackupPath4=I:\Quicken Backup\
      BackupPath3=E:\Quicken Backup\
      BackupPath2=J:\Quicken Backup\
      BackupPath1=H:\Quicken Backup\

Do NOT delete any lines from this file!
      Just blank out the name portion after the '=' (equal sign).

This discussion has been closed.