Updates from my bank don't come in cleanly. I also can't edit anything, and also can't delete!

Options
maryannallen
maryannallen Unconfirmed, Member
HELP!!!

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You are going to have to ask a clearer question.
    What is not "clean" about updates from your bank? Please name the bank and the connection method Quicken uses to download from it. (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect?)
    How is it possible that you "can't edit anything" and "can't delete"? Are you using an expired copy of Quicken Starter? Go to Help > About Quicken and tell us what it says there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't know who you are and don't want to give you the name of the bank
    The people who have responded to you are very experienced Quicken users who volunteer their time to help other users solve problems. Often we need to ask follow up questions. If you don't want to respond to us, I suggest you contact Quicken Support directly. Good luck.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You are going to have to ask a clearer question.
    What is not "clean" about updates from your bank? Please name the bank and the connection method Quicken uses to download from it. (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect?)
    How is it possible that you "can't edit anything" and "can't delete"? Are you using an expired copy of Quicken Starter? Go to Help > About Quicken and tell us what it says there.

• maryannallen
    maryannallen Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I don't know who you are and don't want to give you the name of the bank, so I will just say that it is a "big" one, and it has worked with Quicken for maybe 30 years. Perfectly. Till just today, that is. I wanted to do a reconcile, just like I do each month, and tried to get Quicken to download everything just like it always does, but it wasn't able to get things correctly. I recognized some bills that didn't have the correct amounts with them. When I tried to edit some of the downloads, I got a "this entry is corrupted, delete it" message. However Quicken wouldn't let me delete anything. I quit the program.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The bank name is nothing personal and it's safe to post it.  Like I use Wells Fargo.    Some banks are having trouble downloading to Quicken.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maryannallen said:  When I tried to edit some of the downloads, I got a "this entry is corrupted, delete it" message. However Quicken wouldn't let me delete anything. I quit the program.
    that sounds bad -
    - what version - Starter, Deluxe, Premier, and ..... Help --> About Quicken
    - do you have any Quicken backups ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    maryannallen said:  ... tried to get Quicken to download everything just like it always does, but it wasn't able to get things correctly. I recognized some bills that didn't have the correct amounts with them.
    what does this all mean.... do you get an Error message or what is  - "not get things correctly" ?
    ..... I got a "this entry is corrupted, delete it" message.
    You might try to Validate your Quicken file and see if any errors are discovered....
    --> File --> Validate & Repair --> [x] Validate file (ONLY checkmark this box) --> click OK ---> ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't know who you are and don't want to give you the name of the bank
    The people who have responded to you are very experienced Quicken users who volunteer their time to help other users solve problems. Often we need to ask follow up questions. If you don't want to respond to us, I suggest you contact Quicken Support directly. Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.