Chase trouble

Options
BernieC
BernieC Member ✭✭
[At least..sigh] twice now a transaction download has *reset* my Chase account to "online balance". And worse, it is set to "auto reconcile" and so toally messes up my register. I keep resetting it to paper statement and Chase seems *determined* to make it "online". Any ideas why this is happening ... and more important: how can I make it *STOP*? thanks

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?

There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

• BernieC
    BernieC Member ✭✭
    Options
    Intesting. All that stuff is turned off in the global preferences and so I checked the settings for the Chase account. I just double checked and if I try reconciling the chase account and it still says online-payments and auto-reconcile [UGH]. so I looked at the account settings and the "reconcile using online balance" is *not* checked, even though it is enabled in the actual reconcile machinery. ugh. I unchecked auto-reconcile and at least that "stuck". But I guess I gotta wait until the next {paper} statement so I can do a reconcile [which is quite a pain after the online balance stuff has messed everything up] and then reset it and then hope it doesn't get set back *again*.
  • BernieC
    BernieC Member ✭✭
    Options
    A footnote on how I deal with this [it has happened to me before with Discover]: when I get the next paper statement, I go to the account and [painfully.. ugh] change EVERY transaction from the oldest one covered by the statement through all the current transactions from Reconciled to <nothing>. Then [probably not surprisngly] a regular via-paper reconciliation is a snap
This discussion has been closed.