How do I get Quicken to add a stock mutual fund to their database

Options
hmcneal
hmcneal Member
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken does not recognize my current stock fund with Vanguard. It is not in the stock search and does not download to update my files.

VDADX Vanguard Dividend Apprec Index Admiral CL

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Did you go to Tools > Security List and click on Add Security? It works for me ...

or maybe VDADX is already in your Security list but it is hidden. Open the security list and click on Show hidden securities to see. [edited - click not lick!]
    QWin Premier subscription
  • hmcneal
    hmcneal Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Jim, you were correct. VDADX was the only stock in my portfolio checked to be hidden. Thanks

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no trouble adding VDADX in QWin Premier R42.21. What version and release of Quicken are you using?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Did you go to Tools > Security List and click on Add Security? It works for me ...

or maybe VDADX is already in your Security list but it is hidden. Open the security list and click on Show hidden securities to see. [edited - click not lick!]
    QWin Premier subscription
  • hmcneal
    hmcneal Member
    Options
    I am using Quicken Premier R42.21 Will check your suggestions.
  • hmcneal
    hmcneal Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Jim, you were correct. VDADX was the only stock in my portfolio checked to be hidden. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.