Deferred Compensation Accounts

Options
Jgeo
Jgeo Member
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
There does not appear to be a way to connect to Fidelity specifically for deferred compensation accounts. Unfortunately the funds do not have specific symbols, so even manually tracking is not possible. When will Quicken enable access?

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jgeo said:
    Unfortunately the funds do not have specific symbols, so even manually tracking is not possible. 
    If manually tracking is not possible then how exactly do you expect Quicken to track it? 

Actually, this is the prime example of something that needs to be manually tracked.  You don't need "specific symbols" to manually track it.  You can just make up a "security" with no symbol and manuallly track it in Quicken.  I do this for a couple of annuities that I track.  I view the activity online and I manually enter what happens in Quicken all because there are no "specific symbols" for them and no way to download the activity.
  • Jgeo
    Jgeo Member
    Options
    It's a good question, but somehow Quicken is able to track the exact same funds through my Fidelity 401k (which it connects directly to). I suppose it is downloading the historical values and the market value always stays current in my Quicken account.

If you're making up the symbol, then you are just tracking the principal (and not the market value)?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can manually add the prices for untracked securities.  And it will get prices when you manually enter transactions and interest and dividends.   Even though it's the same fund it may not be the same as the public fund.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.