American Express (Amex) suddenly created a duplicate account in Quicken

Options
robdog09
robdog09 Member
Not sure when or how it happened, but somehow a duplicate account for my Amex credit card was created, but under a different username. I know have "Amex" and "Amex 2", and the customer id's are different. The original account has a cust id that matches what I login to the site with, but the new account has a cryptic id.

Also, the accounts seem to be double transactions. There is about a week of transactions downloading to both accounts, now its only downloading on the new one.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    robdog09 said:
    Not sure when or how it happened, but somehow a duplicate account for my Amex credit card was created, but under a different username. I know have "Amex" and "Amex 2", and the customer id's are different. The original account has a cust id that matches what I login to the site with, but the new account has a cryptic id.

Also, the accounts seem to be double transactions. There is about a week of transactions downloading to both accounts, now its only downloading on the new one.
    Hello @robdog09,    

I am sorry to hear about this problem with a duplicate account being created along with transactions being downloaded in an inconsistent fashion. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, what connection method is being used to link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

Second, where is your current active data file located? You can find this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage. 

I look forward to seeing your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.