One Step Update NOT creating new accounts

Options
EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
In the past, if I opened a new CD at my existing (Discover) bank, One Step Update would see them and ask me if I wanted to created them in Quicken.

Is there a lag, on this?  I opened 3 CDs this morning, and the transfers OUT of my savings account were downloaded, but I haven't been prompted about the new accounts.

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmKay said:
    In the past, if I opened a new CD at my existing (Discover) bank, One Step Update would see them and ask me if I wanted to created them in Quicken.

Is there a lag, on this?  I opened 3 CDs this morning, and the transfers OUT of my savings account were downloaded, but I haven't been prompted about the new accounts.
    Hello @EmKay,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with accounts that don't seem to be recognized for online banking connections. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you noticed that the accounts were available the same day you opened them, in the past? Also, what connection method are you using to link your other Discover CD accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have not noticed, in the past, if Quicken picks up accounts the day of creation.  I guess I was hoping to find out, by posting, if it's supposed to be able to do that.

I am using the Direct Connection memthod.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmKay said:
    I have not noticed, in the past, if Quicken picks up accounts the day of creation.  I guess I was hoping to find out, by posting, if it's supposed to be able to do that.

I am using the Direct Connection memthod.
    Hello @EmKay,   

Thanks for getting back to me with the answer to that earlier question about connection method.

Unfortunately, the information relating to when the accounts would be made available can likely vary by financial institution, and in this case, it would be necessary to contact them about this issue, as the connection method involves activity on their servers that we would not be able to access. I recommend reaching out to Discover support. Note that requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team can be helpful, as they will more experience with third-party applications, such as Quicken.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out anytime with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has now been 10 days, and Discover Bank downloads have STILL not prompted me to create the new CD accounts.  I'll try to call Discover Bank, but I'm not optimistic about getting an answer from them...

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmKay said:
    It has now been 10 days, and Discover Bank downloads have STILL not prompted me to create the new CD accounts.  I'll try to call Discover Bank, but I'm not optimistic about getting an answer from them...
    Not having Discover Bank accounts myself ...
    is there a security feature at the Discover website which you must use to make new accounts downloadable into 3rd party software like Quicken? Check the website or ask Discover Support.
    Have you tried downloading transactions for the new CD account in QFX (Quicken compatible) format and then importing this file into Quicken? Sometimes that jump-starts the process.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I may be misinterpreting this post, and if so my apologies.
    EmKay said:

@EmKay , I never knew that Quicken's One Step Update process would automatically find and add a newly opened account (CD in your case) to Quicken.  I always thought that you must take the initiative to add that to Quicken for the first time.
    Go to the Tool menu > Add Account > Type "Discover Bank" (not Card) > Then Select the Advanced Options which will give you the choice to select "Direct Connect".  Enter your Discover bank's user id and password and then it should display your new CD for you to add to Quicken.
    If this process fails, as @UKR mentioned above, it is possible that Discover Bank may have a security feature for you to enable on their website to allow a third party access - I don't know if they do or not - but I do know that Discover Card does not have such security feature.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said: format and then importing this file into Quicken? Sometimes that jump-starts the process.
    Pain in the a**, because I had to do each of 3 accounts separately, but it worked, and I thank you!

This discussion has been closed.