Quicken becomes unresponsive

Kevin Sho
Kevin Sho Member
I am using Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property (Version R38.30, Build 27.1.38.30) with a yearly subscription. The computer is running Windows 10 on an i53470 CPU @3.20 GHz with 8 gig of RAM. I manually enter all of my transactions. However, it has gotten to the point that every transaction that I enter causes Quicken to become nonresponsive for twenty to thirty seconds. If I do anything with the computer while Quicken is unresponsive, the program crashes. What could be the problem?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Kevin Sho said:
    I am using Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property (Version R38.30, Build 27.1.38.30) with a yearly subscription. The computer is running Windows 10 on an i53470 CPU @3.20 GHz with 8 gig of RAM. I manually enter all of my transactions. However, it has gotten to the point that every transaction that I enter causes Quicken to become nonresponsive for twenty to thirty seconds. If I do anything with the computer while Quicken is unresponsive, the program crashes. What could be the problem?
    Hello @Kevin Sho, 

I am sorry to hear about this issue with program crashes. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you tried restarting your computer whenever this happens? It may also be worthwhile to try uninstalling the program using the steps listed in the Support Article linked here, and then removing Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder before reinstalling it, using the steps listed here.

I look forward to working with you further on this issue, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.