Charles Schwab account not downloading since 11/16/21

Options
polingk
polingk Member
One of our 3 Schwab accounts will not download. I called the help desk, spent a lot of time with no solution and the help desk just hung up on me. Currently the account will not even let me attempt to set up the download. As soon as I click on the "set up now" button, the screen turns blue for the Quicken open window and the program freezes. I have to use Windows Task Manager to end the process to close an restart Quicken. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    polingk said:
    One of our 3 Schwab accounts will not download. I called the help desk, spent a lot of time with no solution and the help desk just hung up on me. Currently the account will not even let me attempt to set up the download. As soon as I click on the "set up now" button, the screen turns blue for the Quicken open window and the program freezes. I have to use Windows Task Manager to end the process to close an restart Quicken. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    Hello @polingk

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account downloads, and for this experience with support. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Just so I am clear, are you referring to Quicken Support when you mention calling a 'help desk?' Also, was the account downloading successfully at one time? Is the account now failing to appear when you are prompted to add or link accounts in the Add Account window?

I look forward to hearing your responses and hope to provide additional recommendations after corresponding further. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • polingk
    polingk Member
    Options
    Jared, Yes the Quicken Help Desk was called. The Schwab account was downloading until 11/16/21. I was able to get the other 2 accounts to download but not this one which has different log on credentials after 11/12/21. As I mentioned: "As soon as I click on the "set up now" button, the screen turns blue for the Quicken open window and the program freezes. I have to use Windows Task Manager to end the process to close an restart Quicken."
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    polingk said:
    Jared, Yes the Quicken Help Desk was called. The Schwab account was downloading until 11/16/21. I was able to get the other 2 accounts to download but not this one which has different log on credentials after 11/12/21. As I mentioned: "As soon as I click on the "set up now" button, the screen turns blue for the Quicken open window and the program freezes. I have to use Windows Task Manager to end the process to close an restart Quicken."
    Hello @polingk,  

I do apologize that this issue has been ongoing for so long. Thank you for clarifying the situation further. 

First, have you tried restarting the computer after closing the program when this happens? Also, you could try uninstalling the program using the steps listed in the Support Article here, then remove Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder (note that this will not affect your data). You may then reinstall the program using the information linked here.

I hope to hear more about your results, if you have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • polingk
    polingk Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Jared, Thanks for the support. I have rebooted the computer but no effect on the problem. I have not tried removing and reinstalling the program. I will try this out this weekend and let you know if it helps. This is a real [Removed - Profanity] to have to go through this to get the program to work...... Cheers, Kevin
This discussion has been closed.