Quicken Down?

Options
burgie66
burgie66 Member ✭✭
Took 5 minutes for my quicken desktop app to open on my home PC this morning, then when I went to update it froze, could not get it to work. I've tried logging on to quicken.com from home and from now my work PC and it is not working. I'm assuming something is broken/down? Downdetector website is showing a good number of users submitting server issues. Frustrating when a desktop app is tied to a server for authentication and won't function.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    burgie66 said:
    Took 5 minutes for my quicken desktop app to open on my home PC this morning, then when I went to update it froze, could not get it to work. I've tried logging on to quicken.com from home and from now my work PC and it is not working. I'm assuming something is broken/down? Downdetector website is showing a good number of users submitting server issues. Frustrating when a desktop app is tied to a server for authentication and won't function.
    Hello @burgie66

I do apologize about these issues with updates and accessing the Quicken website. Thank you for drawing our attention to these problems here on the Quicken Community. 

I was unable to reproduce issues with logging into the Quicken website. Were you noticing issues with particular accounts associated with particular financial institutions when trying to perform a One Step Update, or were you referring to difficulties performing software updates? I will need the answers to these questions before providing additional recommendations.

I look forward to hearing your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • burgie66
    burgie66 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll have to check when I get home if it is still occurring. It happened with the desktop app when I launched it. It was blank screen for close to 5 minutes after launching. After that delay it finally showed my account lists and the register (typical desktop view). Then when I clicked on the one step update to update all my accounts, it went to spinning wheel (the status window didn't even open). After a few minutes I had to kill the program through task manager in that it was no longer responding. As I mentioned, I tried at that time logging into Quicken online thru a web browser at home and here at work and I couldn't reach my account, this was 5 hours ago. Now when I login here at work it appears quicken online is now working or accessible. I will check the desktop app when I get home.
This discussion has been closed.