How can I change the username & password for a financial institution

Options
jmstafford1776
jmstafford1776 Unconfirmed, Member
I want to change my username and password for my accounts at Chase. My wife recently added a credit card to her account at Chase and I cannot see it with my login to Chase and Chase cannot add it to my profile. I want to change my username and password to the one my wife uses so I can download the credit card transactions.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If Chase cannot add her new CC to your profile, then what you should do is use your wife's Chase UserID and PW to set it up in Quicken, not your Chase UserID and PW, and leave your Chase UserID and PW unchanged.  Then in Quicken you will have 2 Chase setups for One Step Update...one for your accounts and one for her account(s).
    To do this, go to Add Account > Chase > when prompted enter her UserID and PW > when Quicken downloads the data you will likely be prompted to decide what to do with it...select "Add" if you have not already added a manual account for her CC...select "Link" and select the name of her CC account in Quicken if you have already set up a manual account for it.
    When done, Quicken will access Chase 2 times during One Step Update...once for your accounts and once for her account(s).
    Any questions?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If Chase cannot add her new CC to your profile, then what you should do is use your wife's Chase UserID and PW to set it up in Quicken, not your Chase UserID and PW, and leave your Chase UserID and PW unchanged.  Then in Quicken you will have 2 Chase setups for One Step Update...one for your accounts and one for her account(s).
    To do this, go to Add Account > Chase > when prompted enter her UserID and PW > when Quicken downloads the data you will likely be prompted to decide what to do with it...select "Add" if you have not already added a manual account for her CC...select "Link" and select the name of her CC account in Quicken if you have already set up a manual account for it.
    When done, Quicken will access Chase 2 times during One Step Update...once for your accounts and once for her account(s).
    Any questions?

• jmstafford1776
    jmstafford1776 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    That worked! Thanks so much for your assistance.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    You are welcome.  I'm glad it worked for you.

This discussion has been closed.