8/14/22 - Lost Years of Spending Categories after Update

jjfishing
jjfishing Member
This morning, I did a One-Step Update and Quicken displayed the announcement that the Chase account update change has been initiated. I noticed all of the spending categories for all of my accounts are gone. I restored a backup from a few days ago and it also doesn't have spending categories now. I hope there's a resolution so I don't lose 15+ years of painstakingly maintaining my spending categories for all transactions.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jjfishing said:
    This morning, I did a One-Step Update and Quicken displayed the announcement that the Chase account update change has been initiated. I noticed all of the spending categories for all of my accounts are gone. I restored a backup from a few days ago and it also doesn't have spending categories now. I hope there's a resolution so I don't lose 15+ years of painstakingly maintaining my spending categories for all transactions.
    Hello @jjfishing

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing account information. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing that the Show hidden categories option at the bottom of the Category List screen in the Tools menu at the top of the screen has a checkmark in the box next to it?  Are the categories missing in the Category List as well as the account registers? Lastly, where is the now-restored backup data file currently located? You can locate the file you are currently using by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I hope to hear more from you soon, if you have the opportunity to reach out again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.