Quicken does not like a vesting schedule that is 6 payments, one every 6 months

Options
ajahearn
ajahearn Member ✭✭
this works out to 16.66666667% and Quicken will not accept this number. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Best Answer

• ajahearn
    ajahearn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. Your proposal of splitting things worked.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please add some detail here.  You use the term "vesting schedule" which suggest that you might be talking about an employee stock option, but that's not really clear.  Also, " payments " aren't necessarily associated with vestings, as those activities can occur at different times.
    Please clarify.
  • ajahearn
    ajahearn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. Sorry payments was definitely the wrong term I am trying to enter a restricted stock option. The vesting schedule is 1/6 (16.666667%) of the allotment every 6 months. Just to make it worse the number of shares is not an integral number so I figure on the even vesting periods I will get an extra share. I tried specifying a total number that would result in the same distribution each period but Quicken does not appear to like the 1/6th.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never done this, so it's at best a guess.
    Can you divide the 6 vesting periods into one set of 4 and another set of 2? 1/4 and 1/2 should be easier to work with and maybe Quicken won't get indigestion.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• ajahearn
    ajahearn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. Your proposal of splitting things worked.
This discussion has been closed.