Citibank CC-592 Ongoing Problem - Citi Private Bank works

Options
LSR19
LSR19 Member ✭✭
Like everyone else, I have been unable to download from Citibank via web connect since May, due to a reported CC-592 error. I understand this issue is still unresolved. But if you have a Citi Private Bank relationship, you can get around this problem. I just discovered that Quicken does download my Citibank account data if I change the connection in Quicken from Citibank to Citi Private Bank. Citi Private Bank uses direct connect rather than Citibank's web connect. Although downloads from Citi Private Bank correctly clear transactions and update my Citibank account balances, at the end of the connection Quicken still reports a CC-592 error. That error report is wrong, though, because the download does work. Perhaps this information will assist Quicken in resolving this CC-592 issue.

Comments

• Richard Gluckman
    Options
    It seems that the only way to resolve this issue is to dispense with two-factor authentication. Once I went onto the Citi website and changed my settings to stop two-factor authentication, I was able to communicate with Citibank through the Quicken software. If I reinstate "2FA," I wonder if I will have the same problem communicating with Citibank through my Quicken Deluxe software?

So now, I can reconcile through Quicken and I get downloads of transactions from Citi to Quicken.
  • LSR19
    LSR19 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Not correct! As I mentioned right above your post, despite Quicken saying that it has no solution (yet) to the problem, I managed to get my Citibank downloads working even with 2FA enabled. The trick is to link to Citi Private Bank instead of citibank.com (assuming you have a Private Bank relationship). If you do, Private Bank uses direct connect rather than web connect. I do get a CC-592 error message after the download, but it's wrong. The downloads work fine. Turning off 2FA to enable citibank.com downloads in today's world is not worth the risk. You're better off dealing with manual reconciling than taking a risk some bad buy will be able to access your account.
  • fifi
    fifi Member
    Options
    How do you link to Private Bank - do you mean through quicken? I went to "add an account" and looked for anything like Private Bank but found nothing. I am so vexed with this. I do not have 2FA on when I am trying this.
  • LSR19
    LSR19 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    > @fifi said:
    > How do you link to Private Bank - do you mean through quicken? I went to "add an account" and looked for anything like Private Bank but found nothing. I am so vexed with this. I do not have 2FA on when I am trying this.

Yes - download from Citibank Private Bank through Quicken with 2FA on. You need to have a Citi Private Bank relationship. If you do not, you can't do this. But if you do, Citi Private Bank is listed separately from Citibank when you set up Quicken downloads. The address is www.citiprivatebank.com. Your account at citiprivatebank.com uses a different password from citibank.com, and you have to enable Quicken downloads on the citiprivatebank website and create a different password unique to Quicken downloads. When you do this, 2FA downloads will work. Though the two Citi websites are entirely different, the account information you'll see is identical on both sites. You will get a cc-592 error message when the download completes from Citi Private Bank. But that error message itself is in error. The downloads work perfectly fine.

I have communicated the above information to Quicken support, but for whatever reason Quicken does not bother to communicate in its "Quicken Jared" posts that Citi Private Bank 2FA downloads work (albeit with an erroneous CC-592 message).
  • fifi
    fifi Member
    Options
    I congratulate and thank you profusely.
  • Anthony Vitale
    Options
    Yes, taking off the 2FA at Citibank (along with a mobile app update) did the trick. Good luck out there!
This discussion has been closed.