Multiple problems

Fred Gladden
Fred Gladden Member ✭✭
Quicken Deluxe Ver R.42.21 Build 27.142.21 Window 10 Home
1. For several months now, the initial load is extremely slow every time - nearly two minutes. Blank page show almost immediately, "Quicken" title sometimes shows quickly, but then reverts to blank page showing spinner (sometimes), spinner disappears and Windows say Quicken not responding - Cancel or Wait for Response. I've tried both. Sometimes Cancel and restart results in a faster load and other times we wait for the nearly 2 minutes before anything happens.
2. Occasionally, the Home page is not displayed but rather one of the investment pages after the initial load of the program, not always the same investment page.
3. Extremely slow closing at shut down (20-30 sec) of the program occasionally but not
always.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How much RAM do you have installed on your computer?

What version of Windows are you using?

After Quicken has been started, what does Windows Task Manager show about "% Memory" usage and "% Disk" busy of your C: - drive?

I have recently upgraded an abysmally slow Windows 8.1, Quicken R 41.xx laptop from 4 GB RAM to 8 GB RAM and the computer now performs very well. I no longer see "96% Memory usage" combined with "100% C- drive busy" just trying to do something, anything on the computer.

This discussion has been closed.